When I first started doing sports I did it on my own without an instructor and made a lot of mistakes.
I wanted to quickly gain weight and become stronger. That is why I have started to do the basic exercises – squats with a barbell and deadlift. With my tall stature, it was devastating for my lower back. I injured my back. Thankfully it was only a sprain.
Now I pay considerable attention to warm-up and training of the lumbar muscles and the press. They form a protective corset for the whole body. A strong loin allows you to perform exercises with weights with the correct technique. And the right technique is the key to progress. In this review, I want to tell you about the equipment that I use in my training of the lower back. How to choose the best option for yourself.
YOU MAY NEED THIS IF
- want to eliminate the pain of the muscles in the lower back
- work is connected with physical labor
- you are active in sports and part use a lot of weight
- do wrestling or Boxing and you need a strong lower back
- sit a lot every day and lower back muscles are weak
- COMPARISON TABLE
- Roman Chair Benefits
Below we present our ranking of the best Hyperextension Bench models from comparison & detailed reviews. After that, you will find a lot of detailed information, video reviews, advantages and disadvantages for each roman chair machine.
|Fitness Reality X-Class Multi-Workout Bench
|Marcy Roman Chair
|Stamina Pro Ab/Hyper Bench
|Xmark Roman Chair XM-4429
|Stamina Hyper Bench
|CAP Strength Roman Chair
|Inspire Fitness Hyper Extension
# FITNESS REALITY X-CLASS MULTI-WORKOUT BENCH
Here are some of them:
- Knee Raises
- Back Extensions
- Push up with Resistant Handle Bars
- Single Dumbbell Rows
You can adjust the bench to your height and use several adjustment options. This allows you to increase the load and conduct training more efficiently. Transport wheels and folding capability make it easy to move and store equipment after a workout.
Weight capacity: 650 lbs
- High weight capacity – tested and confirmed
- The average density of 2.5″ thick foam will suit most users
- Adjustability 4 Level Bench Adjustments & 14 thigh support cushion height adjustments
- Multifunctionality – it is possible to perform several exercises
- Ergonomics and ease of storage
- A large part of the negative feedback related to the picking and delivery
# MARCY ROMAN CHAIR
Comfortable Pad will suit most users. It is quite wide but not very soft. Handles are conveniently located and provided with a non-slip coating. Good stability will allow you to perform various exercises for the muscles of the press, bark, lower back, buttocks.
Weight capacity: 300 lbs
- Durable and stable construction
- Price below a hundred dollars
- Comfortable Pad and Assist Handles
- Reliable manufacturer
- For some users, Pad coverage is not soft enough
- Does not fold for storage
# STAMINA PRO AB
Ankle fixation is convenient and reliable. Soft videos are not pushing feet and non-slip stand eliminates slipping. For acceptance of the initial position, handles can be involved. The covering is covered with high – quality material, seams are reliable and hidden-will not press during exercise.
Nozzles on the legs protect the floor from scratches and damage. After training, you can fold the equipment and store it conveniently.
Weight capacity: 250 lbs
- Comfortable and ergonomic design
- The compact size and the ability to put the equipment for storage
- Convenient and reliable mounting of steps
- Not suitable for high users
- Low weight limit
# XMARK ROMAN CHAIR XM-4429
Studying the opinions of users, we found some questions about the Assembly of roman chair XM-4429. To make it easier for you, we recommend that you check the instructions on the manufacturer’s website – www.xmarkfitness.com.
To perform the exercises, you can adjust the height of the rollers to fix the legs. The model has a high stability.
- Good durability and quality
- 10 positions adjust height of rollers for fixing the legs.
- High ergonomics
- Comfortable arm pads, and medium soft
- No adjust the distance between the roller for the legs and pads
# STAMINA HYPER BENCH
Some of the users had left reviews about lack of durability of this model. We have had further advice from the instructor of the fitness center from California. He confirmed the use of such a model by the user weighing about 190 lbs. At the same time, there were no difficulties with stability.
Weight capacity: 250 lbs
- Affordable price with good quality
- Possibility of convenient adjustment under growth of the user
- Easy storage when folded
- Roaming soft rollers for fixing the legs
- There were negative reviews on the strength of the equipment, although the overall rating is very positive
# BODYCRAFT F670
Durable and reliable model of equipment from the company Bodykraft. Durable powder coated pipe construction, which protects against scratches and damage. The chair adjusts from a flat position to a 45 degree position. It is possible to perform the following basic exercises: HYPEREXTENSION, BACK RAISE, SIDE BENDS.
- High durability and quality of equipment
- Ability to configure the equipment
- Adjusts from a flat position to 45 degrees
- Relatively high cost
# CAP STRENGTH ROMAN CHAIR
Excellent equipment from the brand CAP Barbell. The high strength of the frame provides the possibility of user training up to 300 lbs. For additional stability, you can fix the legs to the floor using the provided holes. With a sufficiently high quality, the cost of this model Roman Chair does not exceed one hundred dollars at the moment.
You get a good adjustment for your height. You will be comfortable to do the exercises for the core muscles and lower back. The legs are fixed with comfortable rollers located on both sides of the foot. Also, a special strap is provided for the footrest.
Weight capacity: 300 lbs
- Durability and reliability
- Possibility of fixing bolts to the floor
- Ergonomics and ease of exercise
- There are no protective pads on the metal legs and you can damage the floor
- Without fastening to the floor low stability
# INSPIRE ROMAN CHAIR
The main feature of this model is the ability to select one of the five positions with an angle of inclination from 45 to 90 degrees
Chair legs can be fixed in the field. Special openings are provided for this purpose. This will allow you to achieve maximum stability and security.Each design element is made of durable and high-quality material. The manufacturer gives a long warranty. Handles are conveniently located. Soft rollers for fixing the body will not crush the feet during training.
If you plan to use this equipment at home, we recommend installing it on a Mat or mats, so as not to damage the floor covering. Special pads are not provided. To move a Roman Chair at one of the parties provided by the transport wheels.
To change the angle of inclination of the frame, it is necessary to use a special pin that fixes the position. Make sure you have a secure hold, and you can do the following exercise. You will be able to train the muscles of the bark, press, lower back. This model will suit both beginners and more trained athletes.
- 5 tilt angle adjustment positions are available
- There is a setup of the equipment under height of the user
- Convenient rollers for the foot and pad of medium hardness
- Can be fixed to the floor
- Good warranty conditions
- High durability and quality
- No protective coating on the legs
# XMARK XM-7631 MULTIFUNCTIONAL BENCH
1500 lb. weight capacity allows you to train heavy users with additional weights. While there are difficulties with the stability of the bench. She is relatively heavier than other models. This is due to the heavy-duty thick pipe, which was used in the manufacture of the frame.
To do exercises is really comfortable. Ultra thick 3″ Duracraft cushions offer firm support and double stitched, tear-resistant Duraguard vinyl.
Weight capacity: 1500 lbs
- All-in-one ab, hyperextension and preacher adjustable bench
- Professional quality level for every detail
- Heavy duty strength and 1500 lb. weight capacity
- Tear and sweat resistant Duraguard vinyl
- Quite a lot of weight
- One of the users of hyperextension pad seemed unstable, although we did not think so
Roman Chair Benefits
- You strengthen the muscular corset (muscles of the press, lower back). This makes it possible to perform most other exercises with the correct technique.
- The work included additional muscles – buttocks, a waist, muscles stabilizers.
- Hyperextension helps to strengthen the spine to eliminate the risk of injury, to form the correct posture.
- Exercises tone the body and improve blood circulation
- The best Roman chayks are multifunctional and allow you to perform additional exercises for ABS and other muscle groups
What Muscles Work With Hyperextension?
The main exercise on the Roman chair is the hyperextension. From the angle of inclination of the equipment, the stress of the load will depend. In most cases, the following muscle groups will be involved.
Roman Chair Workout Routine (Sample)
The frequency and intensity of your workouts may vary depending on your training goals. In addition, the choice of exercise affects the features of your roman chair or the availability of additional equipment.
But in General terms, the set of exercises can be as follows:
|Workout for the whole body and lower back||about 10 minutes before sweat appears|
|Roman Chair Trunk Extensions||2-3 Х 10-20|
|Roman Chair Sit UPS||3 Х 15-20|
|Twisting Roman Chair Hyperextension||2-3 Х 10-20|
|Isometric Glute Hold||3 Х 1-2 min|
|Other additional exercises||Leg Raises, plank|
Definitely, call the leader of a difficult, we would, first of all, drew attention to the Fitness Reality or Bodykraft. But wishes and physical parameters can determine a different choice.If you have any questions that we did not address in this review – write a comment, we always help wounds.